Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Back to School Today! Hooray!

Yesterday was a sick day but today was back to school! If you don't know already I work at a church preschool (not a MMO) as the music teacher. Nora is in the 3 year old class there. I have worked there in total for 5 years. I love it! It is by far one of the best jobs I have ever had. 2nd place would be my first job at Putt-Putt and Games. I was a party captain there, loved it! 3rd place would have to be working for my mil at our old church when she was the children's pastor there. I learned so very much through that job, no lie. It was just really hard sometimes and not always super fun!

But back to preschool, THIS JOB IS SO FUN!!! I can't lie, it is just too stinking fun! When I walk into the hallway I get this rush in my chest because I know that I can expect it to be a super fun day! The people I work with are great! Of, course I love working with Miss Julie:) and everyone is so nice and fun to be around. Susan my boss is just so kind and giving. She has given me so much in the 5 years I have been there. The year I got married she gave me a surprise shower and had every child in the preschool bring me an Christmas ornament for my first Christmas tree with Jason. It was so sweet. I didn't expect any of it, and every class that came to music one day had ornaments to give me. So, we sat and I opened every ornament one by one and oohed and ahhed. I still put those ornaments on my tree at Christmas. It's like 150 ornaments! My tree is pretty full! Susan gave Jason and I money when we moved to Athens. Then when I returned back, she gave me money for mission trips. She gave me money when I was sick so that I could go to the doctor. She has given items to square peg and wants to make us the Christmas missions project at school this year. The give me a scholarship for Nora. She tells me that I rule. She has given so much to me and my family. I am so thankful for this place of work God has provided me. It is perfect!

The other fun thing is the KIDS of course. Each day I teach 6 different classes starting with the 4 year olds, then some 2 year olds and end with the 3 year olds. The kids are star struck when it comes to Miss Brandy. I can barely walk through the halls without the kids screaming my name. When I am leaving in the afternoon kids hangout their windows to tell me goodbye. It is crazy. Sometimes the parents just look at me like "why does my child like you so much". Most parents tell me "My child love music, it is all they talk about at home." One little boy asked me today," Does your girl get sick a lot"? Meaning: are you going to be gone a lot. They just crack me up!

The best part about doing music is that I get to know all the kids in the school (140 kids) and I get to teach them the foundations of God, Jesus and the Bible through music. I know for me this is the number one way that things stick with me. If I just read it or hear it then chances are I will not remember it the way I would if it would have had some rhythm and melody to it. The kids learn so much about the Lord through music. Music is such an awesome tool that God has given us!

So in short, it was a good day back! You would never know that Nora even had an ear infection. I could tell that she was happy to see her friends! So happy that her and her best friend Natalie had to leave music today because they wouldn't stop tickling and rolling on the floor. They are trouble together. I hated to send them back to their room but they were totally ignoring me. Got to get their attention somehow. Hopefully they will participate better tomorrow.

No comments: